- Clothing factory using fabric produces clothing (shown as a shirt)
- Furniture factory using lumber produces furniture (shown as a chair)
- Metalworks using steel produces:
- arms (shown as a cannon); or
- hardware (shown as a hammer)
All goods can be traded. In fact, trading is the only useful thing you can do with hardware, but the others have practical uses too.
Initial prices posted on the Board of Trade schedule are $900. Often there is an initial price drop as nations trying to earn quick money cause an oversupply, but prices can later usually rise to $1500 or more. Selling is almost entirely to minor nations, except that great powers may buy arms and, rarely (to assist immigrants), clothing and furniture.
Imperialism 2 has no equivalent to goods.